Refugee Dads and Kids Weekend
The program aims to support refugee and asylum seeker families from all communities, including: Afghani, African, Burmese, Iraqi, Syrian and others. The program is free of charge.
The program helps participants explore:
- parenting in Australia
- respect for traditional cultures
- understanding each other’s strengths
- ways to strengthen the father-child relationship
- working as a team to meet new challenges
- building a better understanding of family law issues in Australia, including child protection and family violence, etc
- understanding the impact of trauma on children’s brain development
- parenting strategies to support and develop children’s resilience at different developmental stages
Face-to-face, weekend away.
3 days. The next Refugee Dads and Kids Weekend will run at Mount Eliza from 29 November – 1 December 2019.